Search This Blog

Monday 4 January 2010

Monday 4th January.


It seems like it was more than the decade that ended on Friday. I hesitate to use a horological metaphor but there's cogs within cogs turning for me. So with this change comes transition. My experience suggests that resistance in these pivotal moments is counter-productive.
Packing is almost complete. More stuff is accompanying me to Mysore this year but somehow I feel lighter.   I think I've thought out the kind of things that I'm going to need (good mineral based sunscreen, gymball). Half my suitcase is full of books! I'm really looking forward to the time to practice, the time to loaf and read and think and do nothing but watch the crazy, beautiful world tumble into history. All under the warm sun. Coconuts baby........and elephants and blossoms and the unique smell of India. I love this frozen land I leave behind but India is nothing short of an expansion for the senses and a warmth rises up from my guts to greet it.

No comments:

Post a Comment